STudy 10 of 13 on Origins
Scriptural Basis: Gen. 2:15; Exod. 20:8–11; Psalm 8; 1 Cor. 3:16; Rev. 4:11.
Key Text: “God blessed them, and God said to them, ‘Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth’ ” (Gen. 1:28, NKJV).
1. How would you answer the charge by some that the scriptural “dominion” over nature is what has led to today’s environmental problems?
2. How would you describe the idea of Christian stewardship of the environment?
3. How does this contrast with the evolutionary approach to the environment?
4. What is found in Exodus 20:8–11 that relates to stewardship?
5. According to 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20, what is our responsibility to God regarding the care of our bodies?
6. In what ways can we use our personal power to be a better steward of this world?