Healthy work cultures are not "built" as much as "nudged" over time. Nudge means gradual, intentional, peer-to-peer positive interaction and encouragement, group, leadership, and social health. We will explain how TA works, how to start using quick tools from TA, and three tenets of wellness cultures:
(1) Costs are incurred if you only invest in individual health when the work culture is toxic;
(2) Strong wellness program don't guarantee worker engagement;
(3) The strongest workplace influence on employee health is his or her immediate work-group and supervisor.
This third tenet is a force-multiplier which you can jump-start by empowering work groups to know their health benefits, coping skills, tolerance levels for unhealthy practices, by reviewing basic listening skills, and through NUDGE: Notice who may need your encouragement; Understand your role; Decide if you should say something; if so, use GUIDELINES for communication, and then Encourage!
Join Dr. Bennett who has trained dozens of organizations and training-of-trainers in the nationally recognized Team Awareness model. This program has reached over 25,000 workers and has been tested in several clinical trials in the U.S. and abroad. It is perhaps the only evidence-based “culture of health” program in the market today. Learn about Team Awareness and all its sister programs: Team Awareness (Small Business), Team Resilience, and Team Readiness (National Guard) and how you can become certified as a Team Awareness facilitator. Dr. Bennett will also showcase the new online (social game) version: TeamUpNow! The webinar will explain how TA works, how to start using quick tools from TA, and three tenets of wellness cultures;
(1) Cost are incurred if you only invest in individual health when the work culture is toxic;
(2) Strong wellness programs don’t guarantee worker engagement;
(3) The strongest workplace influence on employee health is his or her immediate work–group or supervisor.
1) The purpose and six basic objectives of Team Awareness (TA)
2) How to incorporate principles of TA into a lunch n’ learn
3) The Research behind an evidence-based approach