View Part 2: vimeo.com/6182114
February 28, 2009. Morning Mind Opener event held at the Wilder Foundation, St. Paul, MN.
This event makes the case that Minnesota needs more immigrant students to complete higher education, and discusses what students, families, schools, government, and all of us should do to reduce the barriers to higher education for immigrant students.
* Juventino Meza, student at Augsburg College
* Matt Musel, member of the study committee, development officer for the University of Minnesota, and volunteer who works with college-age Latino young adults
* Kyle Uphoff, Regional Analysis and Outreach Manager at the Dept. of Employment and Economic Development
* James Worlobah, co-chair of the study committee and budget analyst at Augsburg College
* Amanda Ziebell-Finley, member of the study committee and program associate at the Minnesota College Access Network
This event was sponsored by the Minneapolis Foundation.