Instruments of Peace is a nonprofit founded from Maestro Armand Diangienda's dream of utilizing music to teach Peace and Reconciliation in central Africa. We are dedicated to bringing music education to the most volatile regions globally, especially to those who have limited or no access to instruments, education, or outlets for their talents.
Follow us on Twitter: @instrofpeace ( http://twitter.com/instrofpeace)
Our goal is to expand upon Armand's vision by building music schools, hosting benefit concerts, and distributing donations such as instruments, sheet music, and other supplies. While our fundraising involves establishing nominal endowments to support them, it is essential that each school is ultimately self-sustainable
Instruments of Peace is a charitable partnership between;
- USA for Africa (http://www.usaforafrica.org)
- Architecture for Humanity (architectureforhumanity.org)
- Any Lengths Productions (gotoanylengths.org)
With additional support from:
- Eastern Congo Initiative (easterncongo.org)
- The Los Angeles Music Center (http://www.musiccenter.org/)
- UCLA African Studies Center (http://www.international.ucla.edu/africa/)
.. and many others.