On Tuesday, June 22, 2021, the Spirit of Mandela coalition organizing the International Tribunal planned for October 22-25, 2021 on US Human Rights Abuses Against Black, Brown, and Indigenous Peoples held its THIRD public webinar. “Leading Up till Tomorrow!”: International Perspectives on Legal, Educational & Political Imperatives to hold the US government Accountable and END Human Rights Violations NOW! was a long title for a basic task: setting the historical context for the upcoming event to be held virtually and live in New York City.
The event and this video features presentations from:
* Mary-Louise Patterson, MD: Board member, Physicians for a National Health Program; daughter of William Patterson (co-petitioner with Paul Robeson of historic 1951 WE CHARGE GENOCIDE filings to the United Nations)
* Lennox Hinds: International Association of Democratic Lawyers; convener of the historic 1979 Petition to the UN on Human Rights Violations in the US; convener of the historic 2021 International Commission of Inquiry on Systemic Racist Police Violence Against People of African Descent in the US
* Dr. Kwame-Osagyefo Kalimara: Former Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Provisional Government of the Republic of New Afrika; co-founder of the Malcolm X Grassroots Movement and the New Afrikan People’s Organization; professor of law, psychology, and history
* Olga Sanabria Davilla: Comite de Puerto Rico en Naciones Unidas: Advisor to the annual United Nations Decolonization Committee of 24 hearings on Puerto Rico
* Joy James: Abolition Collective Black Internationalist Unions; editor of The New Abolitionists and Imprisoned Intellectuals
National Jericho Movement's A'isha Mohammad was joined by IPRA's Secretary General Matt Meyer as co-emcees of the event, which begins with two internationalist anthems sung by Paul Robeson.