New features demo for Species 1.6
1. Custom PropRig Import
A new preference that allows the user to define a directory to export and import customized PropRigs for repeated use. PropRigs within those folders are now listed in the Species > Build > Import Custom menu split into “Male” and “Female” sub-menus.
2. Plot Limb Anim Tool Feature
An addition to our AnimTools is the new Plot Limb command which allows you to plot and transfer motion between FK and IK for both arms and legs. This utilizes the MatchFKIK command and plots the motion during the active time range.
3. Improved High Res Body Mesh topology and deformation
We’ve updated the body mesh for both male and female characters. The new meshes are more detailed, fully quaded, and have more evenly distributed topology for better deformation and high end sculpting.
4. New Low Res and Proxy Body Meshes
- A new quad based low res body mesh for faster interaction while animating (~40 FPS playback).
- A new cube based proxy body mesh for super fast interaction while animating (~40-50 FPS playback).
5. New Body Shapes
- Old and Young shapes for varying the age of your Species characters.
- Top Heavy and Bottom Heavy shapes for adding mass to either the upper or lower half of your Species characters.
- Chest expand and Chest contract shapes for inflating and deflating the chest of your Species characters.
- Updated synoptics with new controls to switch mesh resolution and smoothing.
- Individual control reset combos. Press Ctrl+Shift+LMB on any synoptic control to reset, and Press Ctrl+Shift+MMB on a control to reset a whole branch.
7. ReplaceMesh command re-written
The ReplaceMesh command has been rewritten and expanded to now include the ability to replace the BodyLow and BodyProxy meshes if necessary.
8. Bug Fixes
AnimRig Vertebrae 02 and 03 deformers misaligned