Study 2 of 13 on Major Lessons From Minor Prophets
Key Text: "You must return to your God; maintain love and justice, and wait for your God always" (Hosea 12:6, NIV).
1. This week's study is entitled: "Love and Judgment: God's Dilemma." How would you explain "dilemma" in this context?
2. It has been said that Hosea 11:8, 9 is a "window into God's heart." How would you explain this?
3. Can we see how far we've gone from God? Today's Christian world likes to point out other...non-Christian people...people who sin. Are we strong enough in our faith to look ourselves and our church and see our falling away from God....and do something about it?
4. Why can we return to God only with the help of His grace?
5. Some have viewed the Lord, as revealed in the Old Testament, as harsh and unforgiving, in contrast to Jesus, as revealed in the New. Why is that such a wrong conclusion?
6. How do we know if "challenges in life" is God teaching us something, or if it is something else?
7. The husband-wife metaphor for God and His people is rich in imagery. What are the advantages and shortcomings of such illustrations?
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?