CITY OF AUGUSTA
April 1, 2013
"Augusta – Where the metro's edge meets the prairie's serenity offering the perfect blend of opportunity and proximity for living, commerce and culture."
I. CALL TO ORDER
(Visitors are allowed 5 minutes to address the Governing Body during the discussion of Agenda items and prior to any motion)
II. PRAYER - Pastor Cale Magruder, First Southern Baptist Church
III. MINUTES – City Council Meeting of March 18, 2013
IV. APPROPRIATION ORDINANCE (@ 1:34)
1. Consider approval of Ordinance 3, dated March 27, 2013.
1. A representative from the Sunlight Child Advocacy Center (SCARF) will be present to update the Council on this organization's recent activities as well as the Proclamation for Child Abuse Prevention Month.
(Visitors may be recognized at this time to address the Governing Body regarding items not specifically listed on the Agenda – 5 minute limit)
VI. OLD BUSINESS
1. Consider bids for aerator VFD's for the Wastewater Treatment Plant. (@ 14:26)
2. Review and discuss City's Watering Restrictions and related issues.
VII. NEW BUSINESS
1. Consider the following documents related to the sale of Temporary Notes and General Obligation Bonds. (@ 16:04)
A. Resolution authorizing and directing the issuance, sale and delivery of General Obligation Temporary Renewal and Improvement Notes, Series, 2013. (Renewal of Levee Project Temporary Notes and new Temporary Notes for Water System Improvement Projects).
B. Ordinance authorizing and providing for the issuance of General Obligation Bonds, Series, 2013. (Permanent financing for City Lake Spillway Project.)
C. Resolution prescribing the form and details of and authorizing and directing the sale and delivery of General Obligation Bonds, Series 2013.
2. Consider authorizing the City's membership in the National Joint Powers Alliance and our participation in their national contract to purchase playground equipment from Little Tikes for Garvin Park. (@ 22:42)
A. Consider approval of an Engineering Services Agreement with MKEC for design and bidding services for the Garvin Park Playground parking lot.
3. Consider approval of an ordinance amending the Zoning Classification for 337 Gregg Street from Neighborhood Commercial to Residential Two-Family Dwelling (R-2A) (@ 29:00)
4. Consider approval of an ordinance annexing a tract of land located at the south City Limits owned by the Kansas Museum of Military History. (@ 29:32)
5. Consider approval of the 2013 Airport Liability Insurance Policy. (@ 30:20)
6. Consider bids for the following items:
A. 95 Gallon Trash Cart Bids for Pilot program. (@ 30:54)
B. Electric Department Bucket Truck Bids. (@ 43:47)
7. Consider authorizing the sale of the Jet A Fuel Trailer and 100 LL Avgas Truck at the Municipal Airport. (@ 53:10)
8. Consider approval of appointments for voting delegates to the KMU annual meeting. (@ 1:01:17)
9. Review and discuss draft Settlement Agreement with Attorney General's office. (@ 1:01:50)
VIII. OTHER BUSINESS
1. Informational Memorandum (@ 1:11:45)
2. Other Comments