(This video is captured from Arirang TV News, Korea’s global TV. All rights of this video are reserved by Arirang TV. Visit http://www.arirang.co.kr )
Summer Night with Light Festival “2009 Light Wall”
* Seoul Museum of Art (SeMA), Seoul, Korea ( http://seoulmoa.seoul.go.kr/global/eindex.jsp )
* Exterior wall of the SeMA main building
* August 1 ~ September 19, 2009
* 8 p.m. ~ 10 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday
Feast of colorful lights to embroider walls of the museum in midsummer nights! Fantastic fairy tale world and dynamic performance of images take place!
This exhibition is a new type of outdoor exhibition in which artistic images are projected onto exterior wall of the museum. It is inspired by overseas light festivals like Lyon Light Festival, Quebec Winter Carnival and Sapporo White Illumination. This exhibition will show a number of artworks from 8 to 10 p.m. in the evening. It is designed to the purpose that the museum would be recognized as the familiar cultural space by the citizens. The images to be displayed on the walls are composed of fantastic fairy tale images and other dynamic movements.
Participating Artist Group
* Production of images by the media art group "Mioon"
* Architectural Mapping Projection by the group "PERFORMATIVE"
* Exhibition Outline : http://performative.org/blog/4
* About Us : http://performative.org
* Our Blog : http://performative.org/blog