This video is a suplemental training aid on how to package a subject in a litter. The video is for volunteers preparing for the NCSSAR TRAINING CERTIFICATION PROGRAM.
The log roll is a very effective technique for getting an injured person into the litter. Always place blanket into litter before scooping subject.
1. With subject on blanket,two rescuers place hands length of body, crossing arms
2. Rescuers roll the subject towards them, keeping subject's head secure and body in line.
3. Another two rescuers place tilted litter against subjects back.
4. Subject is rolled back into litter and centered side to side
The spider strap is to be used to secure the subject into the litter. Remember Subject Comfort!
1. Position subject for spider application (end to end) using blanket.
2. Remove Spider Strap, litter blankets and foot loop webbing from bag.
3. With subject in litter unroll Spider Strap starting from the subject’s neck toword feet.
4. Attach Spider Strap to SECOND rail from the top starting from the subject’s neck.
5. Working with a teammate or alone continue down subject until all straps are securely fastened.
6. Again remember subject comfort, ask if the straps are too tight, and add padding as necessary.
7. Use webbing across bottom of feet to support subject from slipping down in the litter.