"The Most Unsettling Short I Saw at Fantasia" - Horror Section
Beauty Mark is the darkly satirical story of 8-year-old Annabelle, a child-beauty-queen who is pushed to the edge and must take drastic measures to reclaim her childhood.
Starring: Christina Cox, June B Wilde, Serena Manhao and introducing Taya Clyne
Dir. Mark Ratzlaff / Prod. Nimisha Mukerji & Daniel Domachowski
AWARDS & SCREENINGS:
- Silver Griffon for Best Short (43rd Giffoni International Film Festival)
- Official Selection Austin Film Festival
- Official Selection Fantasia Film Festival (Montreal)
- Winner of the Golden Sheaf for Best Emerging Filmmaker (Yorkton Film Festival)
- Leo Award Winner for Best Screenplay, Best Actress (Taya Clyne), Best Costumes
- Beauty Mark will be presented at CANNES 2013 through Telefilm's Not Short on Talent program.