1. White House pledges to join faith leaders in fight against modern-day slavery
2. Suicide of Rick Warren's son sparks discussion about mental illness in the church
3. Richard Land to be next president of Southern Evangelical Seminary
4. 1 killed, several injured as severe storms, tornadoes lash U.S.
5. Pentagon says North Korea can likely launch a nuclear missile
6. Boko Haram rejects Nigerian government's peace effort
7. Billy Graham honored by N. Carolina lawmakers as "favorite son"
8. Obama's new budget gives everybody something to hate
9. Fwd.us: Zuckerberg launches political group aimed at immigration, education, and science
10. Iran gives Pastor Saeed Abedini an ultimatum to deny Christ, or spend more time in prison
That's today's top ten news stories. You can read about all of these stories and more at UrbanChristianNewsNetwork.com.
As you go throughout this day, keep this word in mind: Luke 9:23-24 says, "And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it."