2013 | Duration 7.38 min. screening formats; DCP, ProRes HQ
A multitude of animals brought together in a rhythmical sequence of photographs. The images blend together similar to the cross breeding of animals. An accumulation of bygone days, captured in photos, in which the animals are replaceable, but the same employees frequently reappear.
Years of studies and experiments on animals are reduced to a few images per second. The outcome of the research derived from the image or remains a mystery. Seeing is comparing; discovering similarities or differences, seeking for an ideal, gratification of curiosity, optimising utilisation.
'Alles was Irgendwie Nützt' is based on the historical glass plate photograph collection 'Julius Kühn' of the Martin-Luther University Halle-Wittenberg.
Int. Kurzfilmtage Oberhausen - IndieLisboa - Go Short, Nijmegen - Hamburg International Short Film Festival - Encounters Short Film Festival, Bristol - l'Alternativa, Barcelona - Mecal Short & Animation Festival, Barcelona - Kurzfilmwoche, Regensburg - IndieCork - International Film Festival Rotterdam - Stuttgarter Filmwinter - In The Palace, Balchik - zwergWERK, Oldenburg - Traverse City Film Festival - Kansk Video Festival - Lucca Film Festival - FMK Short Film Festival, Pordenone - Nederlands Filmfestival, Utrecht - Arkipel, Jakarta - Fronteira, Goiânia - Concorto, Pontenure - Imagine Science Film Festival, New York - VideoFest2K14, Mexicali - Vilnius Film Shorts - Cairo Video Festival - Alcine, Alcalá de Henares - Curta Cinema, Rio de Janeiro - Off Cinema, Poznan - Antarctic Short, Documentary and Animation Film Festival - Corto Imola Festival, Ravenna - Courtoujours, Geneva - Ahvaz International Festival of Scientific Films, Ahvaz - Wellington Underground Film Festival - Eye Film Institute Netherlands, Amsterdam - Nemaf, International New Media Festival Seoul - OP festival, On Photography Film Festival, Amsterdam - BalKansk festival (Art Cinema Lifka, Subotica - Galerijafotografija, Pula - Art house Cinema Kriterion, Sarajevo - Novi Bioskop Zvezda, Belgrade)
Exhibitions: Now&After, State Darwin Museum Moscow - International Festival of Screen and Media Arts, Krasnoyarsk - [.BOX] Videoart Project Space, Milan - Tieranatomische Theater, Berlin - Videorama, Halle - TK Storehouse, Samara (Now&After in collaboration with NCCA Central Volga Branch) - WOW 14, Municipal Gallery Kharkov
Distribution; Eye Film Institute Netherlands
Short Biography :
I'm an independent film maker/ media artist and obtained my MFA at the Piet Zwart Institute in Rotterdam in 2003. I make documentaries, short films and video-installations. My films and installations balance between documentary and experimental film and have been shown at festivals around the world, in exhibitions, and on television.
- 3rd Buiders' Street | Netherlands/Russia 2018 |13.30 min
- Building amidst Solitude | Netherlands/Russia 2017 | 56 min
- Sea Factory | Netherlands/Russia 2017 |13.30 min
- Three Dimensions of Time | Netherlands/Russia 2016 |13.30 min
- They Call Us the Enemy | Netherlands 2015 | 7 min
- Never a Dull Moment | Netherlands 2014 | 91 min
- Alles Was Irgendwie Nützt | Germany/Netherlands 2013 | 7.38 min
- Atemlos | Germany 2012 | Triple-screen-installation | 10.01 min
- Oerdak, poem in progress | Netherlands 2010 | 30 min
- Celestial Body | UK/Netherlands 2010 | Split screen installation | 9.45 min
- Sutrapeze | UK/Netherlands 2010 | 9 min 17 sec.
- Sarah Ann | UK/Netherlands 2008 | 9 min.
- Jolanda 23 | Netherlands 2008 | 9.40 min
- Bidcatcher | Netherlands 2007 | 11 min