1:47 More Details About Display
9:11 The END of Part 3
* This Video 833 is uploaded in 3 parts as follows:
* Part 1/3 (Demo) is at youtu.be/X3HBoq30X5I or vimeo.com/638286132 .
* Part 2/3 (Details) is at youtu.be/kHlvMf2qFOo or vimeo.com/638435796 .
* === This Part 3/3 (Operating in Public) is at youtu.be/AEWmqpCuZ7Y or vimeo.com/648795791 .
DRAWINGS & PHOTOS: See Google Drive Album 833: drive.google.com/open?id=1DELo9vLmDCl3Su8cNhZTiWa75QmfkA9h
| B. COMMENTS:
* This Part 3 shows the "Chuggington Central" O Ga., 5'x 8', 1-man, 2 Day Public Display in operation, at the 2-day "Toy Train Expo" in Williamsport PA, held Nov. 20 & 21, 2021.
This Part 3 shows the "Chuggington Central" 5'x 8' temporary O gauge public display railroad in operation, at the recently-held 2-day-duration "Toy Train Expo" in Williamsport PA.
It operated 3 trains (one at a time): 2 Williams Chuggington locomotives, and 1 MTH SW1500.
We had a PUSHBUTTON that started the trains. We let the kids use the pushbutton to start the trains whenever possible. The kids seems to "get a kick" out of starting the trains with the pushbutton -- even though it wasn't that big of a deal.
When a kid pushed the button, the "status light" changed from green to red (indicating "busy"). Then each of the 2 Chuggingtons made 2 laps, and then the MTH diesel on the center track made 1 point-to-point cycle. Finally, the "status light" changed back to green -- to indicate that they could push the button again.
The NCE DCC programmable controller operated 4 relays. These 4 relays controlled the 2 Chuggingtons, the diverging turnout, and the "status light". It sent DCC commands directly to the MTH Proto-3 diesel (which was operating on DCC).
We were lucky, and made it through the whole weekend, with only a single minor derailment, when one of the kids got too close to the outside siding and accidentally bumped a car off the track.
OPENING BACKGROUND MUSIC CREDITS:
iMovie Jingle "Medal Ceremony Medium"
Hashtags: #AutomaticModelTrainControl #AutomaticTrainControl_DCC #AutomaticTrainControl_Ogauge
* This iMovie10 video was uploaded by JamesIngram.net . (Description modified 11/25/2021)