Richard Millington, founder of FeverBee and a true expert in the field, approaches community management from the point of view of social science by focusing on data that shows what actually works — not anecdotes and hunches. In this session, Richard fields questions about the new member journey and how to convert newcomers into active, longtime members of your community.
Included in this recording are the answers to questions like:
* Is it worth it to personally welcome every newcomer?
* What kind of information should be included in a welcome guide?
* What is the best way to measure and track activity within a community?
* How does gamification play out in online communities?
* How do you influence change within a community?
* Does the friend feature encourage activity?
* How do you handle members that might not be a fit for your community?
Watch the initial presentation on converting newcomers into active community members: cultivate.ning.com/ning-blog/converting-newcomers-into-active-community-members