Vuo developer Jaymie Strecker presented at the College of Wooster's Mathematics and Computer Science Colloquium, a series of talks given by invited speakers throughout the year. Jaymie spoke to students and faculty about Vuo from a developer's point of view. Jaymie explained how the Vuo compiler works, and how the evolving needs of multimedia artists have driven Vuo’s design.
During the presentation, students were able to see some of the computer science concepts they’re learning in class being applied in a real software project. One highlight was that Jaymie explained the algorithm behind the parallelizing compiler, which automatically turns a composition into a multithreaded native executable.
• "Hand In Paints" by Umair Mohsin — flickr.com/photos/umairmohsin/469896516/
• "Max/MSP patch" by crayxax — flickr.com/photos/d_at/6710498911/
• "VVVV—hello world" by whaleforset (Lei Gao) — flickr.com/photos/whaleforset/419848465/
• "PureData—Harvie—Examples" by Harvie — commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:PureData-Harvie-Examples.png (public domain)
• "Perspective Lyrique" by 1024 Architecture — 1024architecture.net — vimeo.com/18888136
• "Technological Displacement" by Canadian Film Centre — flickr.com/photos/cfccreates/6208326344/
• "BORISCHIMP504—live@MICRO—MUTEK BCN" by visiophone (Rodrigo Cavalho) — flickr.com/photos/visiophone/5444906302/
• "The Collection Viewer at NM Natural History and Science" by Open Exhibits — flickr.com/photos/openexhibits/7973098322/
• "Kind mit Bauklötzen" (anonymous) — commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Kind_mit_Baukl%C3%B6tzen_1853.jpg (public domain)
• "Bobby McFerrin 2011" by Steve Jurvetson — commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Bobby_McFerrin_2011.jpg
• "Don't Let 'em Get You Down" by NEOREV with visuals by Steve Mokris — vimeo.com/64687700
• "Uncanny creatures — live visuals on a big semi transparent screen" by Vibeke Bertelsen (Udart) — vimeo.com/51910112
• "Colorbox" by Gabe Mott — colorbox.me — vimeo.com/32074231