Thai food traditionally uses peanuts in different sauces. This recipe uses the peanuts in a curry sauce that is creamy and delicious. You can also make it with simple, easy to find ingredients. Enjoy!
4 cups brown rice, cooked *see note below
4-5 cups chopped zucchini
1 can garbanzo beans
1 small onion
1 cup tomato sauce
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup chopped carrots
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup roasted peanuts
1/2 cup yellow bell pepper
1/2 cup red bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
2 cloves garlic
2 heaping tablespoons peanut butter
1 tablespoon Bragg’s liquid aminos (or soy sauce)
1 tablespoon curry powder (to taste)
1. Add your peppers, onion, garlic, and carrots to a skillet and dry sauté on medium heat (250-300 degrees). Cover your skillet and let the steam cook the veggies.
2. Next, put the tomato sauce, Bragg’s, peanut butter, curry powder, and cilantro into a blender and blend until smooth.
3. Stir your veggies and then add the zucchini and add a little bit of water. Cook covered for about 5 minutes more.
4. Add your garbanzo beans and peas to the skillet, then cover everything with the sauce.
5. Put your curry on top of some rice, garnish with peanuts, and serve.
Note: This recipe yields a fairly large amount of sauce. Cook the amount of rice you need, then put the extra sauce in the refrigerator for later use. Extra sauce could also be frozen.
Cooking time: 20-25 min
Yield: 8 cups of sauce
Recipe Submitted By: Neva Brackett