This is a video I shot in February together a very important person.
- Bad set of Lights on February in the museum. There were unsuited also for human eyes.
- AVCHD HF100
- Off course I did the shooting cross the protection glass of the mummy.
- Conversion to avi canopus loseless by chain: dgavcdec+avisynth+virtualdubmod
- Deinterlaced by avisynth+Yadif+analysis movement fct.+seesaw sharpening
- gain +12db/+18db during shooting. Furthermore raised in P.P. by Edius curve
- heavy C.C. by Edius in the last part of video to show the thermometer temperature that was completely dark (off course after that, the skeleton scretch to solarize..)
- Export always in canpous loseless.
- Final compression at 1 pass QB=22 and my preset of insane quality by x264 and megui. (final bitrate resulted of 10.5mbit at 1080p).
- Avisynth script based on very efficient but insanely SLOW (0,53fps on my i7 system...) denoising filter (deblock_QED, fft3dfilter etc...). But the result is out of competition.. ;-)
- Ah, the little audio soundtrack is from "RainMan" ad it was compressed in He-AAC 64kbps 2ch.
I believe that result is really impressive in term of noise and definition. I can assure lights conditions were very bad.
So, if you choose the right workflow, you can also do some magic from long gop compression first acquisition source...
P.S. I remember the compression of vimeo destroys my video to 3.5mbit but it needed 10.5 mbit to get Q22 quantizer...