Awakening From the American Nightmare: Consumerism and Hungry Ghosts, Rev Dr Arvid Straube, May 5 2013 sermon
What is your life about? How does your “stuff” define who you are?
• Centering Thought: from Natural Capitalism, Paul Hawken d.umn.edu/~bmork/1101/hawkenmojo.html
•Opening Reading (from) the Mangala Sutta (complete), “Avoiding those of foolish ways … bit.ly/18PwO06
• Preta-Gati; in the Realm of Hungry Ghosts bit.ly/12MG9ma
• American Hungry Ghosts, TNH (scroll to 2nd blog) bit.ly/10f0Aqh
• Sacred Brands: Consumerism as Religion, Rossano (HuffPost) huff.to/ZCuhCw
• Consumer Addiction (AlterNet) bit.ly/18qsN4T
• The Three Poisons of the Mind, Buddha noble-buddhism-beliefs.com/three-poisons.html
• “ … beauty, elegance, dignity …” Rita Gross bit.ly/ZCw6PT
• Benediction: “ .. content with small means …”, from My Symphony, William Henry Channing appleseeds.org/my-symph.htm
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?