Music: Big Bang by Fingathing
This is a showreel displaying some of my after effects work over the last couple of years. In many cases I have used assets provided by clients – to avoid confusion I've included a shot by shot breakdown explaining what I had to work with for each shot.
• Shot 01 : ET: The Green Planet – I was provided with the 2D stills used to compose this shot, which I used to animate the bike moving across the moon.
• Shot 02: Flying through pixels/ Showreel title – All my own work.
• Shots 03 – 05: Village Life Trailer – Created using animated game assets.
• Shots 06-07: True Bud Promo – Created using photos provided by True Bud Floristry.
• Shots 08: ET: The Green Planet – The background was created using the assets from shot 01, the ship animation was created using a 2D still of the ship used in game.
• Shot 09 - 10: ET: The Green Planet – All my own work.
• Shot 11: Zooniverse Trailer – Created from the game’s cover artwork.
• Shot 12: MRD Logo – Based on a 2d logo provided by MRD.
• Shot 13: Playdemic Sting – Based on 2D logo provided by Playdemic. They also provided the star animation.
• Shot 14: Tides of Glory Sting – All my own work.
• Shot 15: Tides of Glory Kickstarter - All my own work.
• Shot 16: AR Pool pitch video – I captured in game assets and composited them on a scene I filmed.
• Shot 17: Dark Energy trailer montage – Montage displaying footage I captured for a number of videos whilst at Dark Energy.
• Shot 18: Commando Jack Update Trailer – This was a fix-up job. Chillingo already had a trailer for this, however they needed some new text in it, and the door animation was rather lacking. I fixed it using the original trailer and some new gameplay footage.
• Shot 19: ET: The Green Planet – Created using the game’s cover art.
• Shot 20: Vide textures – A clip from a personal piece displaying a number of video textures I worked on at Dark Energy. The video texture itself was based on a piece of concept art, and the 3d model was provided by a 3d artist.
• Shot 21: The Money Tree – All my own work.
• Shot 22: Kingdom Quest Trailer - Created using animated game assets.
• Shot 23: Chateau Productions Montage – A collection of clips from short films I worked on at Chateau productions. The film strip style motion graphics are my own work.
• Shot 24: Gourmet Ranch Trailer - Created using animated game assets.
• Shot 26: End Titles – All my own work.