This lecture is the first in a series of new parent classes at Providence Classical Christian Academy in Saint Louis, MO.
Shane Rosenthal, producer for the White Horse Inn radio program and a Providence board member, introduces Classical Christian Education. He discusses:
• The HIstory of American Progressive Education,
• Relevant passages from John Dewey's writings,
• What Classical education is, and why it is better than public or even private Christian education,
• Dorothy Sayers essay, The Lost Tools of Learning,
• and why we study dead languages such as biblical Greek and Latin.