Documentation Assignment 2: Enhancing Video
By:Aza Taha B00028979
Due date:24th of may
I started by looking at other projects and seeing what I could take from them , what I like and don’t like , what I can use and is relevant to my project and isn’t and thinking this way I started writing down the shots people used and that I wanted or could use
With a few shots writing down I quickly came up with the idea to a release teaser for my final year project (as if the car is hasn’t been released yet, but soon will be) and add a bit of individualism into it by making it look like there are loads of options to make the car the way you want it to look, I started by filming and use quick swiping shots and panning shots cause I didn’t want to film the car to much cause it is suppose to be a teaser
After I had gotten all the shots I edited a version of it albeit a bit long (1:15 for final edit) but it was nice and I liked it, the process to were its gotten was not smooth I had to try different methods for things one thing that was a pain in the backside and I refrained from using after the trouble it has caused me was keyframing (was going to use it on the license plate and inside the engine bay) but it just wouldn’t work correctly after so many many many tries and bogging down my progress I decided to ditch using motion tracking and go for keyframing instead, a second major editing choice that happened late in the editing process was the edition of the masks, to give it a teaser feel I felt like there was to much to see and it gave away to much, I wanted to the viewer to be left with the idea “I didn’t see much of the car it all went so fast” so the masks help nicely and being key framed they go into the opposite direction of the film revealing more as the scene progresses.
Finally at the end I decided there was maybe a bit to much filt on the car (dam dirt roads) having given the car a wash the dirt had stuck to it a bit at certain places when I drove down to the location, so using a contrast filter I upped the contrast a bit (the dark of the car turned blacker and the shades in between I turned up as well resulting on the grays of the dirt on the car blending in well with the black.