In this segment we attribute lessons that could have been applied in preventing The BP Texas City Refinery Explosion revealed in a video by the United States Chemical Safety Board (CSB), “Anatomy of a Disaster”. Mr. Hamid 'Hank' Noorani, the author of "POWER-The Modern Doctrine" and "Rational Decision-Making" is interviewed in this segment by Mr. Brian Blazina, CEO, Energy Resource Americas (ENRAM).
Mr. Noorani is the Founder and President of Powerful Methods Inc., whose mission is “To develop a new generation of leaders who serve the world by inspiring ordinary people to produce extraordinary results.” Hank’s passion for Systems-Thinking has become his life’s work for over 40 years. His diverse global perspectives offer the gift of hope and practicality at the same time.
The Modern Doctrine and Systems-Thinking help manufacturing and other sector companies, leaders and employees to be more efficient, effective, safe and profitable. During this interview we have the opportunity to discuss the real-life application to a real-life incident of March 23, 2005. This was the largest and most comprehensive investigation undertaken by the U.S. Chemical Safety Board.
* Incorporating Systems-Thinking into the managerial process would have positive impact on negating disasters like this.
* Systems-Thinking shows how tools make the process go forward and barriers hold the process back – but, this is also positive as it improves the process.
* A more manageable system requires less intervention to achieve the desired benefit. Learn how this can be true.
* In a disastrous situation we discuss how a company loses control of its goals of profit, controlled spending, expectation of a benefit for every cost and how managing with Systems-Thinking leads to the best economic rationale.
* Listen to how the perceptions of leaders and employees impact these four economic rationale: assessing needs, wants, threats and opportunities.
* Professionalism incorporates the Organizational Hierarchy of Objectives that allows understanding of the system.
* How does decision making occur for investments that may prevent such a horrible and costly disaster?
* Continuous leadership change can be managed with Systems-Thinking. Can they avoid the check the box mentality?
During this intriguing pace of questions by Mr. Blazina based on the principles of POWER-The Modern Doctrine we conclude Mr. Noorani’s discussion on Ethics, Pragmatism, Independence of Thought, Standard Operating Procedures, The Perpetual Goal, Rational Decision Making, Rational Resolutions and The Learning Process.
As a leader or employee you can create the safe, productive and profitable environment within your organization by adhering to the principles of POWER-The Modern Doctrine and Systems-Thinking.
We welcome your inquiries into ways we can help you make a difference in your world, starting today:
Video by Stone Cliff Productions, Inc. at StoneCliffProductions.com