The SCSBC Board is pleased to announce the appointment of Jenny Williams in a part-time (50%) contract position as SCSBC’s new Director of Educational Support Services. In making this appointment, the SCSBC continues to advance one of its strategic goals, namely to better serve the learning leaders in our schools in the areas of special education, learning assistance, enrichment, English Language Learners, school psychology and school counseling.
For over 20 years Jenny has been a dedicated teacher of special needs students in Grades K-12 in both Australia, where she lived with her family for ten years, and then in British Columbia. Jenny most recently served at Traditional Learning Academy (Surrey) for the past 7 years, where she was the Vice Principal of Special Needs in a school that enrolls over 180 Special Needs students. She was responsible for establishing a new special needs program for students in K-12.
Jenny has a passion to help school leaders and families identify and support their child’s unique needs and provide an environment where their children can thrive. She has a B.Ed. from UBC. Her heart for children with special needs led her to obtain her Master’s degree in Education from the University of New England, Australia.
Previously Jenny served in a leadership position as Learning Assistance Coordinator in two other Christian Schools in BC. Earlier in her career Jenny also served as Learning Assistance Coordinator and Educational Consultant in both Christian and public schools in Australia.
Jenny’s primary responsibilities include:
• Guide and support schools in the areas of Ministry requirements regarding connecting funding to program implementation
• Assist schools with development of policies, procedures, guidelines
• Support schools with HR issues (e.g. hiring, EA allocation, scheduling, job descriptions, staff evaluations, working with consultants)
• Assist schools with accessing services from various provincial outreach programs and SET-BC
• Provide in-service (e.g. staff development workshops, specialist days, assessment)
• Communicate regularly regarding current trends, conferences, resources, etc.