Study 11 of 13 on Major Lessons From Minor Prophets
Scriptural Basis: Exod. 25:31–40; Zechariah 1, 2, 3, 4, 7; Rom. 15:9–18; Eph. 3:1–8.
Key Text: “ ‘ “In that day each of you will invite his neighbor to sit under his vine and fig tree,” declares the Lord Almighty’ ” (Zech. 3:10, NIV).
1. How would you summarize the book of Zechariah?
2. Why are God’s past actions relevant to us today?
3. Why is it so important always to keep in mind our utter dependence upon God?
4. What are ways in which we can make valid religious practices, such as fasting and even prayer, become substitutes for what true Christian faith should be about?
5. Zechariah 1:3 speaks of “return[ing]” (NIV) unto the Lord? How do we “return” unto the Lord every day?
6. How should the idea that the gospel message is for all humanity impact how we live?