1. Or perhaps he’s wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane?
2. It doesn’t matter who we are, what matters is our plan. No one cared who I was till I put on the mask.
3. It would be extremely painful…
4. For you.
5. Of course.
6. Doctor Pavel refused our offer in favour of yours. We had to find out what he’d told you.
7. Crashing this plane…
8. WITH NO SURVIVORS!
9. No! They expect one of us in the wreckage, brother.
10. Yes. The fire rises.
11. Calm down, Doctor. Now’s not the time for fear. That comes later.
12. Why are you here?
13. I was asking you.
14. And you brought him down here?
15. You panicked – and you’re weakness has cost the lives of three others.
16. Search him. Then I will kill you.
17. So, show me his body.
18. Follow him.
19. Really? Then why are you people here?
20. For now.
21. How much longer does the program need?
22. Time to go mobile.
23. Thank you.
24. Speak of the devil and he shall appear.
25. Our plan is proceeding as expected.
26. Leave us.
27. Do you feel in charge?
28. And this gives you power over me?
29. Your money and infrastructure have been important – till now.
30. I’m Gotham’s reckoning. Come to end the borrowed time you’ve all been living on.
31. I’m necessary evil.
32. Not as serious as yours, I fear.
33. Let’s not stand on ceremony here, Mr. Wayne.
34. Peace has cost you your strength. Victory has defeated you.
35. Theatrically and deception. Powerful agents to the uninitiated. But we are initiated, aren’t we, Bruce? Members of the League of Shadows. And you betrayed us.
36. I am the League of Shadows. I am here to fulfil Ra’s al Ghul’s destiny.
37. You fight like a young man – nothing held back. Admirable but mistaken.
38. Oh, you think darkness is your ally. You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Moulded by it. I didn’t see the light until I was already a man and by then it was nothing to me but blinding.
39. The shadows betray you, because they belong to me.
40. I will show you where I have made my home whilst preparing to bring justice. Then I will break you.
41. Your precious armoury, gratefully accepted. We will need it.
42. Ah, yes. I was wondered what would break first. Your spirit or your body.
43. You don’t fear death. You welcome it. Your punishment must be more severe.
44. Yes. But not of your body. Of your soul.
45. Home. Where I learnt the truth about despair. As will you. There’s a reason why this prison is the worst hell on earth. Hope. Every man who has rotted here over the centuries has looked up to the light and imagined climbing to freedom. So easy. So simple. And like shipwrecked men turning to seawater from uncontrollable thirst many have died trying. I learnt here that there can be no true despair without hope. So, as I terrorize Gotham, I will feed its people hope to poison their souls. I will let them believe that they can survive so you can watch them clambering over each other to stay in the sun. You can watch me torture an entire city. And then when you have truly understood the depth of your failure we will fulfil Ra’s al Ghul’s destiny. We will destroy Gotham. And then, when it is done, and Gotham is ashes – then you have my permission to die.
46. How good of you to join us – chair, president. All I need now is one ordinary board member. Mr. Fox – would you like to nominate?
47. Turn it on. I only need one other board member – there are eight others waiting.
48. Go on then. Do your work.
49. Take them up to the surface. People of their status deserve to experience the next era of Western civilisation.
50. Pull the core out of the reactor.