Short excerpts from various films I have written, directed, shot and edited:
1. Steam Machines (High Def., Experimental Doc, 4 min. 2012), Director/Camera/Editor - An atmospheric documentary, which reveals the unexpected aesthetic of the turn-of-the century Steam Traction engine, while portraying the men who keep these historic machines alive.
2. Forbidden Harvest (High Def., Doc/Mockumentary/thriller, 58 min. 2008), Writer/Director/Camera/Editor - Forbidden Harvest was created through my Masters implementation. Experimenting with crossing several genres within one film, Forbidden Harvest vacillates between actual Documentary (on the town of Feilding) and complete fiction (involving kidnappings and murder), eventually ending up as a thriller. This film is a "guide" for a future feature-length version I hope to recreate.
3. The Clockman (High Def., Doc, 19 min. 2011), Director/Camera/Editor - This short documentary is a portrayal of obsessive clock collector Bill Williams, who has amassed over 3,000 timepieces in his personal collection.
4. Gibtown (Super-16mm, Doc, 64 min. 2000), Director - Gibtown explores the unique residents of Gibsonton, Florida, the off-season and retirement home for thousands of carnival and circus show people. Gibtown has become an invaluable archive that includes many of the last surviving carnies that experienced the golden age of the traveling carnival and circus. This vanishing art form of performance is lovingly retold by Gibtown’s characters, many of which are now deceased.
5. Living a Full House (16mm, Doc, 33 min. 1990), Director/Editor - Affectionately known as “Grandma Mimi”, Living a Full House is a portrayal of Mildred Howard (the filmmaker’s great aunt), who at the age of 78 successfully competes as a professional poker player in Las Vegas.