This is the seventh in a series of videos I created on Windows Azure and SQL Azure. Windows Azure is the new "Cloud Operating System" from Microsoft.
For a summary entry with links to all 7 videos check out blog.ehuna.org/2009/09/windows_azure_and_sql_azure_vi.html
In this video, the following is covered:
86. Modifying the .netTiers templates to read the SQL connection string from Windows Azure configuration instead of Web.Config (or app.config).
87. How the code looks in the ASP.NET page - it doesn't change, it's the same "DataRepository.MyTableProvider" code we've used in the past.
88. Changes in the DataRepository.cst template - changing the ConnectionString collection.
89. Item for Lanh: making sure all .netTiers templates use "connectionString" from this collection.
90. The process of creating custom features in CodeSmith templates: first make the changes in the code, then make the changes in the templates.
91. Details of what was executed to modify the .netTiers 2.3 templates to support reading the netTiersConnectionString from Windows Azure configuration using the Windows Azure SDK v1.0. We now have a "IsConnectionStringAzure" property in the main NetTiers.cst templates!