1. According to The New York Daily News, President Mah-moud Ah-ma-di-ne-jad declared that Iran is already a nuclear power and should be treated as such in an interview with an Egyptian newspaper on the eve of his visit to Cairo. But the Iranian president also said that his regime has no plans to use that capability for an attack on Israel. He was in Cairo for meeting with Egypt's president and to attend the Islamic Summit Conference. His visit marks the first trip to Egypt by an Iranian leader since 1979.
2. According to Reuters, China expressed serious concern on Wednesday after North Korea stepped up its bellicose rhetoric and threatened to go beyond a third nuclear test in response to what it sees as "hostile" sanctions imposed after a December rocket launch. The Chinese foreign ministry stated that "China is extremely concerned by the way things are going. We oppose any behavior which may exacerbate the situation and any acts which are not beneficial towards the denuclearization of the Korean peninsula." An editorial published in a Chinese newspaper stated that "If North Korea insists on a third nuclear test despite attempts to dissuade it, it must pay a heavy price."
3. According to Israel National News, the Iranian president has stated that the Iranian people are ready to march on Israel to "wipe it out" if the Jewish state attacks the Islamic republic. His words were published by Egypt's state news agency. Israeli President Shimon Peres said that the threat of a nuclear-armed Iran was growing under the "terrifying dictatorship" ruling Iran and warned that Iran's action threaten world peace.
4. According to The Moscow Times, the heaviest snowfall in a century brought Moscow and the surrounding region to a near standstill and left hundreds of people without power. Snowfall was set to continue at least until the end of the week and authorities have been bracing for more chaos on the roads. Officials have stated that there were over 3,000 traffic accidents in one day due to the weather conditions. The city and many residents are struggling to cope with the unusual weather.
5. According to The Christian Post, American pastor Sa-eed A-be-di-ni is reportedly being tortured in an Iranian prison as an appeal against his 8-year sentence is being filed. The American Center for Law and Justice, which is representing A-be-di-ni's wife in the U.S. stated that he remained cut off from speaking with his family following the trial in January. He was arrested during one of his many visits to Iran while working on an orphanage and trying to start house churches, and has been imprisoned ever since.
The Bible says in Jude 1:14-15: "And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him."
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com