Study 13 of 13 on Major Lessons From Minor Prophets
Scriptural Basis: Exod. 32:32; Lev. 1:1–3; Malachi 1–4; Eph. 5:21–33.
Key Text: “ ‘My name will be great among the nations, from the rising to the setting of the sun. In every place incense and pure offerings will be brought to my name, because my name will be great among the nations,’ says the Lord Almighty’ ” (Mal. 1:11, NIV).
1. What do we learn from the book of Malachi about the extent of God’s commitment to His people?
2. What do we learn from the book of Malachi about the sacred responsibilities of God’s people?
3. How are we to understand God’s call to: “ ‘Return to me, and I will return to you’ ”? (Mal. 3:7, NIV).
4. What relationship is there between our lifestyles and our faith?
5. Why do we have such a hard time appreciating the love of God, who loved us so much that He even died for us?
6. As a church, what can we do to encourage people to think about the needs of others and not be selfish?