Welcome! We're so glad you've found DisciplesNet Church, located along the internet highway and especially created for people who connect with church best this way. We hope you will join us for 30 minutes of uplifting worship. This week we are excited to have Pastor Richard Propes with us once again, sharing the message, "When Love Comes to Town," based upon the story of the man tormented by so many demons he told Jesus that his name was "Legion."
Our time together includes prayer, scripture, singing, and listening to the word, together with people in times and places all around the world.
As we do every week, our time together includes a time of communion (breaking of the bread) where you may choose to participate, or simply meditate as we tell of Jesus' invitation to "do this in remembrance of me."
If you would like to share with us at the table that defies all boundaries of time, place, and structure, then we ask that you prepare a wafer, cracker, or bread and a drink. As we pray, we are praying that our blessing extends to where you are. If you are unable to eat or drink, you may want to use a symbolic gesture or mental symbol as you come together at this table of remembrance with us. (Scroll down for an Order of Worship)
We hope that as you join us for worship you will feel a blessing from beige part. Please tell friends, family, and others you know about our online church that is here with doors that are always open, walls as wide as the world, and always room at the table.
ORDER OF WORSHIP:
1. Opening background music and hymn: "As the Deer," guitar by Dean Phelps, vocals by Phoebe Spier
2. Welcome: Audrey Borschel
3. Scripture: Luke 8:26-39 (NRSV), read by Richard Propes
4. Pastor's Prayer with Lord's Prayer: Blanche Edwards
5. Song: "I Will Sing of My Redeemer," sung by Southport Christian Church praise band
6. Message: "When Love Comes to Town," Pastor Richard Propes
7. Song, "Amazing Grace, My Chains are Gone," Southport Christian Church Gospel Quartet
8. Communion: Russ Smith
9. Communion song, background: "One Piece of Bread," played by Beverly Carmichael Heid
10. Sending out
11. Closing Music, credits: "Amazing Grace, My Chains are Gone, verse 4
If you would like to chat with one of our pastors, including talking more about belief in God, becoming a Christian or following Christ, or living as a disciple of Christ, please email us at email@example.com, or contact us using the contact information on our website, including our community, DisciplesNet City Cafe, found on our website.
Invitation to Giving:
DisciplesNet Church is a not-for-profit church that exists to cross barriers and boundaries to share the Good News of God's redeeming love. We rely on the gifts of our online viewers as we continue to grow and extend our nets around the world.
We also extend the invitation for you to be part of the DisciplesNet ministry by giving a one time gift, or ongoing, including a tithe. Even the smallest of gifts, like the mustard seed, have a way of growing in amazing ways to share God's word and the love of Jesus Christ.
We have a giving page on our website, disciplesnet.org. Our physical address for donations is:
PO Box 17935
Indianapolis, IN 46217
And emailing address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
God bless you, and thank you for joining us!
Video editing by Deb Phelps, Russ Smith, Susan McNeely
DisciplesNet Church has a WorshipCast License with Christian Copyright Solutions which allow us permission to provide for you the musical arrangements found here on this site.
Questions for this Week:
1. What has God done in your life?
2. Who have you told about it?
3. How have you shared it?
4 How have you claimed that miracle in your own life?
5. Is there an area of your life where you are holding back?
6. Where you have been afraid to let go and let God?