Future Ambassadors (FA’s) is a group concept at George Middle School whose purpose is to increase school connectedness and participation among its members and the student body as a whole. Future Ambassadors members will be pulled from all grade levels and meet at least once a week during the lunch period with adult facilitators to help enrich the discussion and agenda.
Future Ambassadors at George Middle School encourages students to take a more active role in school politics and help with the implementation of school activities and events. We are trying to encourage these students to transition from casual observers to participants in their school experience. This group can also be viewed as a springboard to greater participation in the community outside of George Middle School in the future.
What is exciting about this group is that it will bring together an intentionally diverse group of the George students. There will be four members from each grade level, two females and two males. This means there will be a total of 12 students in the group. Members will be selected by the co-facilitators and certain George Middle School staff members. Initially there will be no requirements to become a member other than agreeing to meet at least once a week during the lunch period. However, as the group progresses issues such as school attendance, school behavior and class participation will be evaluated as a means of maintaining membership.
Future Ambassadors will celebrate the diversity that is the George Middle School student body. An Ambassador will respect differences and actively seek understanding and collaboration with other students and George school staff members.
• Members will improve their communication skills when talking to their peers and adults.
• Members will be able to think more critically about George School Community issues and participate in problem solving sessions.
• Members will support each other and display role model behaviors around the school.
• Members will learn to advocate for themselves and their fellow students.
• Members will be able to articulate what it means to be a Future Ambassador and why it is important to them.
• Members will help out with school related functions and activities.