I was the designer for the first chapter of the 2013 Deadpool game; a player controlled, noncombat, story driven space where the player is free to explore the apartment of the game's star and main character. It contains multiple scripted environmental storytelling interacts and custom in-game cinematics that serves as an introduction to the Deadpool character. I pitched the idea to and collaborated with the lead designer on creating this space.
Warning: Video contains cussing and premature content in true likeness to IP.
• Responsible for scripting over a dozen complex environmental storytelling interacts.
• Communicated directly with my artist, animator and audio designer from proof of concept to the shipped state.
• In charge of navigation flow and layout, blocking in actors and props, setting up each interact, camera framing and cuts, timing, pacing, overall cinematography, adding animation, adding post process, adding FX, set dressing, adding dialog and scripting it altogether via Unreal Kismet and Matinee.
• Created and framed the custom, weapon holstered, in-game player navigation camera.
• Created the idea of and implemented the Achievements/Trophies.
• Assisted in story script and VO dialog writing.
• Optimization, performance polish and bug fixing.