Our World Is Blue's first event was a community Ocean Day in South East Cornwall on Saturday the 29th June 2013. Featuring and thanks to:
- The National Marine Aquarium outreach stand
- Cornwall College Newquay's microscopic ocean world
- Kids Craft Kitchen
- Beach clean and beach art
- Sustainable local fishing display
- Video screens with: ocean conservation mix, Cape Farewell, Mr B Photo, Our World Is Blue and The RNLI
- Conservation Groups Information, Leaflets and Hand-Outs
- Ocean art and photography exhibition
- Tea, Coffee and Cake and Ocean Biscuits
- Film Night: Chasing Ice
Organised by Anthony Butler.
Special Thanks to Simon Wainwright and Tamsyn Alderton
Thanks to Downderry Village Hall for going above and beyond to help - and a great venue and facilities.
Music - 'Oh Lord' by Boogie Belgique
Events can't happen without the attendance and support of the local community so thanks to everyone who came, please spread the word - hopefully we can make this an annual event.
If you would be interested in putting on an event like this in your community (on the coast or inland), get in touch with us through: ourworldisblue.com