A. ABOUT THIS VIDEO - SUMMARY:
This video shows an NCE DCC "Mini-Panel" and "Power Cab" controlling an S gauge train running point-to-point on 2 alternate routes -- using 2 turnouts to make a passing siding for the alternate route.
This video is similar to the previous Video #805, except:
(a) it uses the less-expensive 'Power Cab' instead of the 'Powerhouse Pro command station', and
(b) it uses 2 turnouts instead of 1 turnout. . . . . . (COMMENTS CONTINUED BELOW)
Note that this display could be done in almost ANY gauge (N, HO, S, O, & LargeScale) . . . . . as long as the locos use standard NMRA DCC decoders, and you use the proper turnout controller, and assuming that you can get enough amperage to the turnout solenoids (S gauge are particularly "current hungry").
THANKS to FRED CUPP ( DelawareAndHudson.net ) of Williamsport, Pa, for technical assistance.
Note: For more detail about the COMMANDS used, please see previous Video #805. For more details about the MINI-PANEL itself, please see previous video #804 (links provided below).
Pt. 1 Intro: 0 - 1:20 min
Pt. 2 Demo 1: 1:20 - 4:30 min ("normal" Sequence 1)
Pt. 3 Demo 2: 4:30 - 8:20 min ("alternate" Sequence 2)
Pt. 4 Operating on Display: 8:20 - 14:00 min
Pt. 5 Details (discussion): 14:00 - 22:30 min
Pt. 6 Quick Review of Commands Used in Mini-Panel: 22:30 - end at 26:50 min.
* PHOTOS: picasaweb.google.com/autocontrols.org/2012 - direct link to the PHOTOS of the display layout.
* Wiring Diagram: track2.com/ingram/plans/806/miniPanelWiringL3v12jf.pdf
* List of Commands: track2.com/ingram/plans/806/miniPanelCmdsL3-v01f2.pdf
* Forwarding Link: track2.com/info/806 - forwarding Link given in the video, that takes you to the AutoControl.org "Video" page for this video.
* vimeo.com/31944032 - previous Video #805; goes into more detail about commands, and also boosting amperage to operate S gauge turnouts.
* vimeo.com/17627955 - previous Video #804; goes into more detail about the Mini-Panel; demonstrates operation of S, N, and Largescale trains.
~~~D. MORE LINKS:
* vimeo.com/channels/autocontrols - The AutoControls "channel" on Vimeo.
* AutoControls.org - "VIDEO INDEX PAGE" list other automatic controls videos.
* NceDcc.com - official NCE website.
* groups.yahoo.com/group/NCE-DCC - the NCE Yahoo discussion group.
This iMovie video was uploaded 7/25/2013, by JamesRobertIngram.com . (description updated 7/28/2013)