The first of the modes we're going to cover is Insert Mode. There are a number of things that I personally find useful in insert mode - I don't cover them all, of course. Here we cover the following:
- How to get help for insert mode.
- The 'textwidth' and 'expandtab' options
- Deleting the previous word
- Inserting and deleting leading siftwidths
- How to move while in insert mode - seriously you don't want to do this
- Using CTRL-V to literally insert a character
- Completions using the CTRL-X family of completions and the CTRL-N and CTRL-P commands
Head to http://www.derekwyatt.org/vim/vim-tutorial-videos/vim-intermediate-tutorial-videos/#insert-mode to get a summary of this with some links to the help as well as other videos in this category.