August 5, 2013
"Augusta – Where the metro's edge meets the prairie's serenity offering the perfect blend of opportunity and proximity for living, commerce and culture."
I. CALL TO ORDER
(Visitors are allowed 5 minutes to address the Governing Body during the discussion of Agenda items and prior to any motion)
II. PRAYER – Pastor Steve Hollingsworth, Central Baptist Church
III. MINUTES – City Council Meeting of July 15, 2013 and Special Meeting of July 29, 2013 (@ 1:25)
IV. APPROPRIATION ORDINANCE
1. Consider approval of Ordinance 7A, dated July 17, 2013 and Ordinance 7B dated July 31, 2013. (@ 2:30)
(Visitors may be recognized at this time to address the Governing Body regarding items not specifically listed on the Agenda – 5 minute limit)
VI. OLD BUSINESS
1. Review and discuss City's Watering Restrictions and related issues. (@ 6:21)
2. Consider approval of a lease purchase agreement with Community Leasing Partners for the new refuse truck. (@ 14:02)
VII. NEW BUSINESS
1. Consider approval of a change order to the contract with Andale Paving for the Oak Street reconstruction project. (@ 14:54)
2. Review and discuss School Street repair concerns and scheduling with City Engineer. (@ 18:45)
a. Consider approval of a change order with Kansas Paving modifying the scope of repair from a patch and overlay project to a full reconstruction.
b. Consider approval of a supplemental engineering services agreement with MKEC for additional design and construction inspection engineering services related to reconstruction of School Street.
3. Consider approval of the annual Resolution requesting the waiver of statutory Fixed Asset Accounting requirements. (@ 31:51)
4. Review and discuss process for sale of antique brick street pavers. (@ 32:08)
5. Review and discuss Interim City Manager's request to attend ICMA conference in Boston, MA and Council's interest in attending LKM annual conference in Overland Park, KS. (@ 36:46)
VIII. OTHER BUSINESS
1. Informational Memorandum (@ 40:43)
2. Other Comments