The project is a research and demonstration project of the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) under the research program "Research for the Sustainable Development of Megacities of Tomorrow - Energy- and Climate-Efficient Structures in Urban Growth Centres" of the Federal Republic of Germany.
Governance for Sustainability in Hyderabad, India
• High rate of urban population growth
• Escalating energy and resource consumption
• Constantly increasing greenhouse gas emissions per capita
• One third of the population lives below the poverty line and is suffering from food shortages and health problems
• Climate change is predicted to lead to extreme weather events, mainly floods and droughts as well as increasing water scarcity
• Weak institutional capacities for effective urban management
To establish a sustainable development framework with priority on mitigation and adaptation strategies for climate change and energy efficiency through a change of governance structures and a modification of lifestyles.
• Climate Assessment Tool for Hyderabad (CATHY)
• Strategic Transport Planning Tool
• Street Food Safety Manual and onsite training for strengthening a climate friendly urban food supply system
• Collective action for fuel transition among the urban poor
• Cooperative and technical solutions in order to increase energy efficiency in irrigation
• Solar powered schools
• Education for sustainable lifestyles
• Community Radio
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?