Cities have always been about providing frameworks of services to improve the quality of life for residents and businesses. How will social networks, mobile devices, reactive environments, and cloud-based data services transform the experiences of living in cities in the coming years? In this session, the panelist explore the contours of these emerging 'urban operating systems' and consider the implications for society and the built environment.
This sessions featured speakers include:
- Ben Cerveny, Strategist and Advisor at Stamen Design
- Greg Skibiski, Chairman and CEO of Sense Networks
- Adam Greenfield, Futurist and User-Experience Consultant
- Beth Coleman, assistant Professor Writing & New Media, MIT
- Atau Tanaka, Professor, Chair of Digital Media, Acting Director Culture Lab, Newcastle University
PICNIC '09 - Amsterdam
September 23-25, 2009
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?