Study 8 of 13 on Revival and Reformation
Scriptural Basis: John 17:3; 1 John 2:3–6; Matt. 23:27, 28; 2 Thess. 2:9–12; 1 Cor. 12:4–7
Key Text: “Consider how I love Your precepts; revive me, O Lord, according to Your loving kindness. The entirety of Your word is truth, and every one of Your righteous judgments endures forever” (Ps. 119:159, 160, NKJV).
1. Unpack the word “discernment.” What does it mean?
2. For the apostle John in 1 John 2:3–6; 4:7, 8, 20, 21, what are the evidences that one really knows God?
3. What do we learn about cold formalism in Jesus’ condemnation of the Pharisees?
4. What relationship, if any, is there between the miraculous and discernment?
5. What do our relationships with others tell us about our walk with the Lord?
6. What evidence, if any, can we see of false revivals going on in the world? How can we know that they are false?