Dr. James J. McKenna, PhD, director of the Mother-Baby Behavioral Sleep Laboratory at the University of Notre Dame shares:
- the science and history of co-sleeping,
- the need to define the terminology
- why public policy is based on social norms instead of science,
- why public policy is unethical, as it withholds information about cosleeping
- WHY THIS IS ALL GETTING READY TO CHANGE AS BREASTFEEDING RATES INCREASE
- and how parents can become empowered and stand up for what is essentially a civil right: to make your conscious parenting choices according to science and not unethical public policy and uninformed social norms.
Read Dr. McKenna on Kindred: kindredcommunity.com/author/james-mckenna/
Lisa Reagan, Kindred's editor, interviewed Dr. McKenna at the More than LATCH conference in Chesapeake, Virginia. Visit Kindred, a nonprofit, conscious parenting site, kindredcommunity.org
For more information on co-sleeping, including a complete inventory of FAQs and articles, visit Dr. McKenna at the Mother-Baby Sleep Behaviorial Laboratory, University of Notre Dame, at cosleeping.nd.edu
Learn more about the LATCH conference here: healthsourceforwomen.com/u...
Film videography by Keith Reagan, keithreagan.com
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?