This class will be a detail study of teaching on sanctification as found in the book of Romans chapters six to eight and an analysis of certain aspects of Christian living found chapters twelve to fifteen.
To explain the subjects of sanctification and Christian living as taught by the Holy Spirit through the Apostle Paul in the epistle to the Romans.
During this class the following subjects will be covered:
1. Definition of Sanctification.
2. Effect of sanctification.
3. The struggle of living in sanctification.
4. The answer to the struggle.
5. The contrast of life lived in spirit vs the flesh.
6. The spirit controlled person.
7. The intercessory work of the Spirit in the life of a sanctified person.
8. More than a conqueror.
9. Relating to others in Love.
10. Liberty vs legalism.
11. The living sacrifice.
Upon complection of this course, each student will be able to express in writing:
1. The biblical teaching on justification and sanctification as outlined in the book to the Romans chapter six through eight.
2. How to apply these principles to living a victorious Christian life.
3. The principles of living ia a Christian community
Each class video should be viewed and reviewed and scriptural references studied until clearly understood. All assignments should be completed on time and with written assignment being submitted by e-mail *Response paper - limit to one page, answering two questions (1) What I learned and (2) What I will do
with what I learned.
2Ti 2:15 AMP Study and be eager and do your utmost to present yourself to God approved - tested by trial-, a workman who has no cause to be ashamed, correctly analyzing and accurately dividing [ rightly handling and skillfully teaching ] the Word of Truth.
But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: (1Co 1:30 KJV)
And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth. (Joh 17:19 KJV)
And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God. (1Co 6:11 KJV)
Successfully complete all reading assignments, written assignment - i.e. *Response papers - and both the midterm and final examinations within the prescribed time.
1. Read and study chapters six through eight of the book of Romans
2. Read and study chapters twelve through fifteen of the Book of Romans.