CITY OF VERO BEACH, FLORIDA
SEPTEMBER 3, 2013 6:00 P.M.
REGULAR CITY COUNCIL MEETING
CITY HALL, COUNCIL CHAMBERS, VERO BEACH, FLORIDA
A G E N D A
1. CALL TO ORDER
A. Roll Call
2. PRELIMINARY MATTERS
A. Agenda Additions, Deletions, and Adoption
1. Retirement Proclamation to be presented to Captain Keith Touchberry
2. Certificate to be presented to Mr. George Hunt, owner of Mulligans
3. Lifesaving Award to be presented to Officer Sean Toole
4. Constitution Week – September 17 – 23, 2013
5. Mr. John Igoe, Transactional Attorney, to give an update to Council on the selling of the utilities.
6. Dr. Edith Widder/Orca to give a presentation on the Lagoon.
7. Mr. Paul Dritenbas to give a presentation on the Rotary Initiative for Submerged Seagrass Awareness (RISSA) Project.
C. Public Comment
1. Mr. David Hunter to discuss the short term and vacation rental code.
D. Adoption of Consent Agenda
1. Regular City Council Minutes – August 20, 2013
2. Regular City Council Minutes – July 16, 2013
3. Special Call City Council Minutes – August 13, 2013
4. Request to Serve Alcohol – Buggy Bunch Food Truck Events – Riverside Park
5. Final Payment Request from Gomez & Son Fence, for Airport Security Fence Improvements (Bid #250-12/CSS; FDOT #420768-1-94-01
6. Revision to Bid No. 290-11PJW – Emergency Services Contract
7. Recommendation of Award – Pebble Quicklime Annual Supply Contract – Bid No. 200-13
8. Beach Cleaning and Maintenance – Bid No. 240-13/JO
9. Approval of Additional Wells Fargo Banking Services – Merchant Services
(The matters listed on the consent agenda will be acted upon by the City Council in a single vote unless any Councilmember requests that any specific item be considered separately.)
3. PUBLIC HEARINGS
4. RESOLUTIONS FOR ADOPTION WITHOUT PUBLIC HEARING
5. FIRST READINGS BY TITLE FOR ORDINANCES AND RESOLUTIONS
THAT REQUIRE A FUTURE PUBLIC HEARING
6. CITY CLERK’S MATTERS
A) Appointment to the Recreation Commission
7. CITY MANAGER’S MATTERS
8. CITY ATTORNEY’S MATTERS
9. CITY COUNCIL MATTERS
A. Old Business
B. New Business
1. Consideration to appeal decision on short term rentals – Requested by Councilmember Jay Kramer
10. INDIVIDUAL COUNCILMEMBERS’ MATTERS
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?