Purpose: To assist weakened quadricep with electrical stimulation and active muscle contraction.
1. Place one electrode on tear drop shaped VMO on the inside of the low thigh.
2. Place the second electrode on the thinner rectus femoris in the center of the mid thigh.
3. Connect to machine and gradually increase intensity to tolerance.
4. Ideally the stimulation will elicit a contraction of the muscles where it is placed.
5. When the contraction is achieved stop increasing intensity
6. Extend knee holding for the duration of the electrical stimuli.
* May be done with or without a towel under the knee.
*protocol must be prescribed by a professional