Social media can be a really good source of non search engine traffic for your product. When doing inbound marketing, you not only want to focus on search engine traffic but also want to leverage on social media which can help you to build a strong brand and community.
For example, when you are creating content and publishing it at various places say at your blog or slideshare, you do want to share that content on major social media sites like facebook, twitter, google+, linkedin etc. Not only sharing, you also want to interact with users and want to build a loyal user base.
Here are some ways you can get more leads and sales through social media -
1. Search at twitter, facebook and google+ hashtags to find people who may be asking questions which are relevant to you. This can also be an excellent way to find leads. Do make sure your social media profiles are regularly updated and you are not just posting automated content.
2. Look at linkedin communities and google+ groups, join these groups and try to be active in them by regularly sharing useful content.
3. Use Q/A sites like quora, your helpful answers often help in increasing the visibility and branding of your product.
4. If you often create images and infographics, you can share them at pinterest, flickr and stumbelupon.
5. You can create useful ebooks, reports and presentations and upload them on sites like slideshare, docstoc and scribd. Do not forget to embed your links in the documents.
To learn more about lead generation, inbound marketing and how you can use our simplified inbound marketing software, do check inBoundio.com.