"Transformation by the Lordship of Christ"
• God saved us, not just to go to Heaven, but also to be transformed; Eph. 1:4, 2:8-10, Rom. 8:29.
• The same grace that saves us also transforms us. Rom. 7:18. Rom. 8:29. Eph. 1:4. Luke 18:14. Eph. 2:8-10.
• A picture of transformation in the early church; Acts 17:1-9.
• Genuine transformation is radical, vs. 6 (the way of the cross is different from the way of the world, James 4:4).
• Genuine transformation is obvious and noticeable, vs. 6.
• Genuine transformation is based on the Lordship of Jesus, vs. 7.
• Genuine transformation may be disturbing to outsiders, vs. 8-9.
• An introduction to the Thessalonian church, 1 Thess. 1:1.
• Transformation takes place through fellowship in the church.
• The foundation of transformation is our union with God through Christ.
• Transformation is the logical and loving response to the gift of God’s grace and peace.