Northern Spark 2013 (northernspark.org) took place from sunset June 8, 2013 until sunrise June 9, 2013. 45,000 people attended. More than 300 artists presented 79 projects in 9 venues, in collaboration with 42 arts and cultural organizations. Union Depot in Lowertown was a major hub for the festival and housed many of the night's projects.
Northern Spark 2013 was a shining success. Lowertown was alight with art and friendly faces from dusk to dawn. The city shone in a whole new (moon)light and offered spectacular wonders around every corner.
Art all night. Community all year.
Northern Spark 2013 Stats:
- Over 300 local and national artists and performers presented 79 projects in 9 venues.
- Approximately 45,000 people attended Northern Spark events in Lowertown.
- Northern Spark was made possible with the partnership of 42 cultural organizations.
- 27 sponsors supported Northern Spark and its artists.
- More than 900 people supported Northern Spark with a donation.
- At least 50 articles were written about Northern Spark in local and national media.
- Northern Spark's Facebook page generated 570,942 impressions in the month leading up to June 8.
- There were 2,654 downloads of the Northern Spark mobile app.
- 1 house burned to ashes in the wee hours of the morning.
Producer: Chris Hadlland
Editor: Jay Anker
Camera Operators: Owen Brafford, Chris Hadland, Keith Moechnig, Jared Sather, Brian Suerth
Audio: Arlo Myren