This film explores conflicts of interest in continuing medical education.
The words are those of Dr Ben Goldacre from his latest book "Bad Pharma" amazon.co.uk/Bad-Pharma-companies-mislead-patients/dp/0007350740
The background has a completely random array of Pharma Sponsored Educational events and Key Note Speakers. Declarations from research articles are also random in their inclusion.
Useful articles used in this film:
(1) Conflicts of Interest: can a physician serve two masters? by Robert D. Greenberg,Clinics in Dermatology (2012) 30, 160–173
(2) Conflicts of Interest and Your Physician: Psychological Processes That Cause Unexpected Changes in Behavior, by Sunita Sah. Conflicts of interest in the practice of medicine • Fall 2012
(3) Evaluating Conflicts of Interest in Research Presented in CME Venues, by N.L. Davis et al. JOURNAL OF CONTINUING EDUCATION IN THE HEALTH PROFESSIONS, 28(4):220–227, 2008
(4) How to manage conflicts of interest with industry? by JOHN E. SCHOWALTER. International Review of Psychiatry, April 2008; 20(2): 127–133
(5) Resolving Unreported Conflicts of Interest. By DeAngelis and Fontanarosa. JAMA, July 8, 2009—Vol 302, No. 2 (Reprinted)
Disclaimer: this is an artistic film that explores the ethical issues around conflicts of interest and medical science. The film does not represent any organisational view.