2010 AAPM Annual Meeting
Dr. Michael J. Flynn. PhD, Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, MI, 48202
For more information about the American Association of Physicists in Medicine, visit aapm.org/
Business class monitors are now widely used to display radiologic images for primary interpretation and for secondary display in the health enterprise. This course will review the technology and performance available in current products and discuss the increasing need to control the presentation of color images.
1. Understand the types of products currently available that provide color presentation with performance suitable for primary interpretation by radiologists.
2. Learn the basic aspects ofICC color management and how ICC profiles are incorporated in DICOM tags.
3. Understand the types of products currently available for secondary presentation of color images in the health enterprise
4. Learn how secondary class monitors can be calibrated to conform with the DICOM Gray Scale Display Function (GSDF).
5. Learn how color monitors can be calibrated to conform with an ICC target profile.