2010 AAPM Annual Meeting
Dr. Richard L. Morin, PhD, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL, 32224
For more information about the American Association of Physicists in Medicine, visit aapm.org/
The high radiation dose for certainCT examinations has been a subject of recent reports.Concern is amplified when patients have a large number of repeated examinations. This course will describe recent efforts to report the CT dose from patient examinations and will discuss how effective dose can be estimated from dose reports.
1. Understand the DICOM dose structured report and the IHE Radiation Exposure Monitoring profile.
2. Learn the status of the ACR project to develop a CT dose registry.
3. Understand how CTDIvol and DLP are determined for a clinicalCT scanner.
4. Learn how to estimate organ doses and effective dose from reports of CTDIvol and DLP.
5. Understand current limitation on effective dose estimates with respect to patient size and sex.